Calusa Blueway Boat Tour and Visit to the Calusa Mounds
Thursday, November 29, 2018
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join the Boca Grande Historical Society on an Exciting Trip:
Travel the Calusa Blueway by Tour Boat and Visit the Calusa Mounds at the Randell Center
Leave from the Boca Grande Marina at 10 a.m. aboard the Captiva Cruises ship, “Santiva.” Travel through Charlotte Harbor to Pine Island via Pelican Pass and Pelican Bay while Richard Finkel, Captiva Cruises’ Education Director, tells you the history of the area. Arrive for lunch at the Tarpon Lodge then take a docent led tour of the Randell Research Center, visiting Calusa Mounds and learning how these people lived in a highly socialized civilization for centuries before Europeans arrived. The return trip follows in part the Calusa Blueway by Pine Island just as the Calusa did when they dominated Charlotte Harbor. Return time approximately 3 p.m.
Lunch menu at the Tarpon Lodge is your choice of one of the following three items: 1) Pine Island Grilled Chicken Salad, 2) Chef’s Catch Du Jour or 3) Bronzed Shrimp Tortilla Wrap plus Choice of Non-alcoholic Beverage.
Members, before purchasing tickets, please log-in first. This will give you access to discounted tickets.
- Nov 13 New Exhibit Opening: Public Event
- Nov 15 A Tale of Two Phosphate Towns: Pierce and Boca Grande
- Nov 16 New Exhibit Opening
- Nov 29 Calusa Blueway Boat Tour and Visit to the Calusa Mounds
- Jan 16 Carl Abbott, Sarasota School of Architecture, and Tropical Architecture
- Mar 14 Recent Discovery: Archaeological Burial Pond Near Manasota Key – Lecture Presented by Ryan M. Huggins PhD.