Lecture: “From Silver Spoon to Garden Spade”
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Presenter: Pauline Lord
Ms. Lord will share memories of her Boca Grande forebears, the pros and cons of having lots of money and how they grappled with life’s challenges.
About Pauline Lord
Like her mother, Ruth du Pont Lord, Pauline first came to Boca Grande as a young child to spend time with her Grandparents Harry and Ruth du Pont, Great Aunt Louise Crowninshield, Aunt Pauline Louise Harrison and cousins. Pauline attended Concord Academy and Stanford and received a Masters Degree from Santa Clara University in Marriage and Family Therapy. In 1999 Pauline and her husband David Harlow moved from California to her mother’s farm in East Lyme, CT where as organic farmers have expanded the White Gate Farm enterprise.
Location: Boca Grande Community Center Auditorium
Following the presentation refreshments will be offered in the Woman’s Club Room and attendees will have an opportunity to mingle with the speaker.
Free and open to all. Donations appreciated.
Sponsored by Hazeltine Nurseries.
- Feb 26 History Bytes: “25 Years of the Historical Society”
- Mar 3 Lecture: “From Silver Spoon to Garden Spade”
- Mar 16 Boca and Me
- Mar 31 CANCELLED Lecture: “George Pullman – His Railroad Empire and its Impact on Florida and Boca Grande”
- Apr 2 25th Anniversary Celebration and Annual Meeting
- Jun 5 Kids Tarpon Tournament