History Bytes: “Let’s Go Fishing”
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
11:00 to 11:45 am
Boca Grande Historical Society Presents: History Bytes 2019
“Let’s Go Fishing”
Special Guest Speaker: Capt. Van Hubbard
Van Hubbard has lived and worked on Florida waters from the Big Bend to Key West. Van began fishing with cane poles, then worked his way up to commercial fishing – both hook and line as well as netting. He earned his captain’s papers in 1976 and since then has been guiding both offshore, inshore and back country charters.
Van has written articles for the Boca Beacon since the 1980s and also hosted a TV series called, ‘Let’s Go Fishin’ a show that frequently featured Boca Grande. He works with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Marine Research Institute, National Marine Fisheries, and his favorite, the William Mote Foundation.
Try a History Byte!
Held in the Loggia of the Johann Fust Community Library on 10th Street
This program is free and open to all with refreshments to follow.
For more information call (941) 964-1600
Thank You to Our History Bytes 2019 Sponsor
- Dec 11 Space Odyssey
- Jan 14 Lecture: “Then and Now: Florida’s History and Future of Conserving Land”
- Feb 4 Special Event: Premier of Mayflower II Documentary
- Feb 5 History Bytes: “Mayflower Retrospective”
- Feb 12 History Bytes: “Growing Up at Port Boca Grande”
- Feb 19 History Bytes: “History of the Library”