Let’s Talk About Florida – Totch: A Life in the Everglades
Monday, November 14, 2022
Reading: Totch: A Life in the Everglades by Loren G. Brown
“Totch Brown’s memoirs of vanished days in the Ten Thousand Islands and the Everglades–the last real frontier in Florida, and even today the greatest roadless wilderness in the United States–are invaluable as well as vivid and entertaining, for Totch is a natural-born story-teller, and his accounts of fishing and gator hunting as well as his life beyond the law as gator poacher and drug runner are evocative and colorful, fresh and exciting.”–from the foreword by Peter Matthiessen
Moderator: Gay Darsie
Join our online book discussion through Zoom. Zoom links will be emailed to all attendees prior to the discussion. Feel free to begin reading the book for this discussion, but reading is not required.
Free event but registration (see below) is required.
Thank You to Our Sponsor
Enjoyed this Content? Support us by Becoming a Member!
Annual membership benefits from January to December.
10% off all items in our store
Priority notification of events, dates and topic
- Oct 25 Let’s Talk About Florida – Land of Sunshine, State of Dreams
- Nov 14 Let’s Talk About Florida – Totch: A Life in the Everglades
- Jan 23 Let’s Talk About Florida – Florida Cowboys: Keepers of the Last Frontier
- Mar 22 Let’s Talk About Florida – TBA
- Apr 25 Let’s Talk About Florida – Fisherfolk of Charlotte Harbor
- May 16 Let’s Talk About Florida – Coming to Pass: Florida’s Coastal Islands in a Gulf of Change