New Exhibit Opening: Public Event
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Boca Grande: Once a Railroad and Industrial Town
Learn how the railroad impacted Boca Grande as we know it today, view artifacts & learn more about Island history.
November 13th, 4pm: Public Event at the Train Depot
Come to the historic railroad depot for an opening event with guest speaker, John Gibson, Boca Grande resident and retired CSX executive, followed by a reception for Historical Society members and preview of the exhibit at the History Center.
Golf cart transportation will be provided to the History Center.
- Nov 13 New Exhibit Opening: Public Event
- Nov 15 A Tale of Two Phosphate Towns: Pierce and Boca Grande
- Nov 16 New Exhibit Opening
- Nov 29 Calusa Blueway Boat Tour and Visit to the Calusa Mounds
- Jan 16 Carl Abbott, Sarasota School of Architecture, and Tropical Architecture
- Mar 14 Recent Discovery: Archaeological Burial Pond Near Manasota Key – Lecture Presented by Ryan M. Huggins PhD.