New Exhibit Opening: Public Event
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Boca Grande: Once a Railroad and Industrial Town
Learn how the railroad impacted Boca Grande as we know it today, view artifacts & learn more about Island history.
November 13th, 4pm: Public Event at the Train Depot
Come to the historic railroad depot for an opening event with guest speaker, John Gibson, Boca Grande resident and retired CSX executive, followed by a reception for Historical Society members and preview of the exhibit at the History Center.
Golf cart transportation will be provided to the History Center.
Enjoyed this Content? Support us by Becoming a Member!
Annual membership benefits from January to December.
10% off all items in our store
Priority notification of events, dates and topic
- Oct 24 Let’s Talk About Florida – Windstill Night: A Journey on the Bellamy Road
- Oct TBD New Exhibit – One Island, Three Hometowns
- Nov 4 History First at The History Center
- Nov 9 Veteran’s Memorial Dedication
- Nov 14 Lecture – The History of Boat Building on the Gulf Coast of Florida
- Nov 16 Workshop – What Do I Do With Collected Photographs, Memorabilia & Genealogy?