Take a Boat Trip to Captiva Island and Learn Its History
Thursday, December 5, 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Boat leaves the Boca Grande Marina at 10:00 am and will return to the Marina at 3:00 pm.
Climb aboard the Santiva, (named for a historic mailboat) with Captiva Cruises and sail to the island while Education Director Richard Finkel describes the history of the islands of Charlotte Harbor. Lunch will be served at the Captiva Civic Center. Visit the Captiva History Museum for stories about the Calusa, fishermen and homestead families who settled Captiva. Visit the Chapel by the Sea and Cemetery. The cemetery includes the graves of early settlers of Captiva and of Buck Key. Buck Key was the early home of the Ormsby family of which our own Betsy Fugate Joiner is a descendent.
Tickets for members are $125 all-inclusive and are non-refundable (must be logged in to be able to purchase).
(Tickets for non-members are $150 beginning October 7, 2019.)
- Dec 5 Take a Boat Trip to Captiva Island and Learn Its History
- Dec 11 Space Odyssey
- Jan 14 Lecture: “The History & Future of Conserving Land in Florida”
- Feb 4 Special Event: Premier of Mayflower II Documentary
- Feb 5 History Bytes: “Mayflower Retrospective”
- Feb 12 History Bytes: “Growing Up at Port Boca Grande”